Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, and KFC Are the First Fast-Food Brands to Do This
"May I take your order…on Facebook?" We all know companies like Door Dash and Uber Eats have made pandemic-era food delivery super accessible. But now, the parent company of such beloved fast-food chains as Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut is stepping up to simplify the way you get fast food even further… and, if you're a lover of these chains, this might just be a game-changer.
Yum! Brands, the parent company that owns Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, and Habit Burger Grill, saw nearly 50% growth in its reported 2020 earnings. To keep that momentum going strong, the company announced earlier this week that they have acquired TicTuk Technologies, according to Fox News. The Israeli-based tech company will bring Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut on to a dialogue-based platform that "allows customers to complete orders and interact with brands through a variety of social media and chat channels, including WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, SMS, QR codes, and email," Yum! Brands shared in a statement.
The deal shows Yum! Brands' commitment to engaging customers in a way that meets us exactly where we are… on our phones texting our friends and on social media scrolling through the latest posts. It's a smart move that may make getting your favorite go-to Taco Bell or Pizza Hut order delivered to you for far less effort than it ever took before. But, there's no word just yet on when TicTuk's feature will officially launch for KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut.
That's not the only recent move Yum! Brands has made. Earlier this month, it also bought another company that "uses artificial intelligence for consumer insights and marketing performance analytics," according to CNBC. We'll soon see what kind of effect that has on your fast-food experience.
In the meantime, check out our review of the most popular new fast-food pizzas, and sign up for the Eat This, Not That! newsletter for the biggest breaking fast food news.
More content from Restaurants
- – These Struggling Pizza Chains Are on a Major Rebound
- – 6 Fast-Food Orders To Avoid If You Have High Blood Sugar
- – 8 Chefs' Tips for Ordering the Best Meal at a Steakhouse
- – A Leaked Wendy's Memo Reveals the Next Big Menu Launch Scheduled for This Fall
- – 8 Fast-Food Sandwiches To Stay Away From Right Now, According to RDs
- – 8 Secrets Texas Roadhouse Employees Don't Want You to Know
- – The Latest Changes at America's Largest Coffee Chain Seem to Be Designed to Turn Customers Away
- – Taco Bell Will Be Testing Its Next Major Menu Innovation Next Month