Walmart May Be Planning A Huge Sale on These Items, Experts Predict
Walmart has been competing with online retail giant Amazon by offering customers fast shipping on thousands of items via Walmart+—a membership program for both online and in-person shoppers—over the past year. With Amazon Prime Day slated for later this month, get out your wallet, because it has some people wondering if Walmart might be launching a huge sale of its own.
Amazon Prime Day is reportedly taking place June 21 and 22, and "it seems highly likely that Walmart will run its own sale around the same time," according to Digital Trends. The site predicts that Amazon will have deals on its own products, like the Amazon Echo and Kindle, while Walmart will have more home essentials and furniture offered at steep discounts. Don't be surprised if Instant Pots and air fryers are on sale, Digital Trends says, since "the retailer loves to keep you up to date with the latest kitchen appliances."
Walmart+ launched in the fall of 2020 for $98 a year. Membership gets you free same-day, NextDay, two-day, or curbside pickup delivery services, as well as fuel discounts (of up to $0.05 a gallon), and access to other convenient shopping tools (like Scan & Go, which allows you to scan items in the store and seamlessly pay for them through Walmart Pay).
Walmart's potential huge sale towards the end of June isn't the only way you could save at the retail giant. The CEO of the U.S. branch recently said that the chain is focusing on Rollbacks and price cuts on summer staples as customers embrace a somewhat back-to-normal lifestyle. It's part of a strategy to get shoppers to spend their money at Walmart and not at other stores.
To get all the latest news about Walmart delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – Costco Will Close This Longstanding Midwest Location Next Month
- – 26 Items Costco Is Discontinuing Right Now
- – 7 Strict Rules Trader Joe's Employees Have to Follow
- – Walmart Is Making Several Major Changes That Will Impact Your Holiday Shopping
- – Trader Joe's Will Not Bring Back These Two Customer Perks As Food Samples Return
- – 10 Costco Finds Customers Are Currently Raving About
- – 4 Beloved Costco Food Court Favorites That Are Now Overrated, Say Members
- – 7 Bacon Brands That Use the Highest Quality Ingredients