Walmart Is Promising to Keep These Items Cheaper Than Ever
Though Walmart has seen sales rise this year, it's rolling back savings to bolster a return to normalcy—and that means good news for budget-conscious shoppers.
John Furner, CEO of the chain's U.S. branch, said during an earnings call this week that Walmart would keep up its strategy of offering up more Rollbacks and price cuts on the items shoppers want as they venture outside of their homes and into the summer sun, according to CNBC. Think fresh clothes, outdoor equipment, teeth-whitening kits, and more.
Current Rollbacks on Walmart's website include items like Burberry perfume, a Badminton set, cotton T-shirts, Crest 3D Whitestrips, engine oil, facial hair remover, outdoor grills . . . and even a hoverboard.
Amid the news of price increases on summer grocery staples this year, Walmart's strategy presents a nice change of pace for shoppers. It's also a far cry from the drastic price changes, empty shelves, and purchasing limits from a year ago at this time.
Doug McMillon, Walmart's CEO, said people just "want to get out and shop." Budgets will be important, so it's crucial for the chain to undercut other retailers in order to get shoppers inside in its doors.
One thing you may notice the next time that you shop at your local Walmart? The new fast-food chains taking McDonald's place inside stores. Shoppers now have access to bao, hot dogs, salads, and more!
To get all of the latest news about prices at your local Walmart (and other grocery stores) delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – 34 Items Costco Is Discontinuing This Winter
- – 4 Biggest Complaints Costco Customers Are Voicing Right Now
- – Costco Shoppers Are Going Crazy for This Frozen Pizza
- – Costco Just Brought Back Its Wagyu Beef—and Shoppers Have Mixed Feelings
- – Hummus Giant Sabra Halted Production To Get Back on Track After Frequent Food Safety Issues
- – The Best & Worst Cream Cheese on Shelves—Ranked!
- – 8 Greek Yogurts With the Lowest Quality Ingredients
- – This Clever Trick Will Let You Shop at Costco Without a Membership