America's Second Largest Burger Chain is Debuting a New Grocery Store Item
Wendy's has one of the most iconic menus of any drive-thru fast-food chain, with its Baconators, chili cheese fries, baked potatoes, and, of course, its famous dessert. With over 6,500 restaurants around the world, there's no problem getting your hands on any of these, but the chain has been busy making it easier by opening up locations inside of Walmart stores, and now, adding its Frosty to the grocery store in your neighborhood—but not in the way you may think.
How does a Frosty for breakfast sound? Kellogg's and Wendy's are partnering to create a new breakfast cereal that "packs the delicious Wendy's Frosty chocolatey taste into crispy cereal bites," according to @CandyHunting on Twitter. The limited-time cereal hits grocery store shelves all across the country in December.
Each bowl Frosty fans pour will have the cocoa cereal pieces and chocolate-flavored marshmallows inside, along with a coupon for a free small Frosty to Frosty-ccino at any Wendy's location in the chain's app. It will come in two box sizes—8.3 ounces for $3.99 and 13.2 ounces for $5.69, Yahoo! News says.
The Frosty cereal has slightly less sugar at 17 grams per 1/2 cup than the OG version of the treat, which contains 23 grams of sugar in a small size. Starting off the day with this amount can lead to crashes and hunger, so it's best to combine the cereal with fiber and healthy fats.
This isn't the only new treat being debuted outside the walls of Wendy's restaurants this year. It's not just opening up locations inside of two Walmart stores in Ohio but making two never-before-eaten in the U.S. menu items available there: the Strawberry Frosty and Jalapeño Popper Chicken Nuggets.
And for more info about what's going on at your local supermarket, read these next:
- These 5 Recalls Are Affecting Products at Major Grocery Stores Nationwide Right Now
- Shoppers Say These 4 Grocery Items Are Skyrocketing in Price Right Now
- This Low-Cost Grocery Store Is Expanding to a New State
- These 4 Beloved Foods Are Returning to Grocery Stores for the First Time in Years
And to get all the latest grocery store news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – 50 Bottled Drinks to Always Leave on Grocery Store Shelves
- – 6 Most Popular Summer Snacks At Costco Right Now
- – We Tasted 10 Vanilla Ice Creams & This Is the Best One!
- – These 6 Costco Items Have Gone Up In Price Recently
- – People Are Price Gouging Baby Formula Amid Shortage
- – 25 Worst Cereals to Stay Away From Right Now
- – 4 Things Coming to the Grocery Store This Summer
- – America's Largest Meat Companies Lied About These Product Shortages, Alleges New Investigation