If you're among the 61% of adults who experienced unwanted weight changes during pandemic lockdown, Will Smith just did something that might help motivate you to commit to some self-care. Early this month, the film and TV icon—so beloved for his authenticity—posted a full-body pic after "countless days grazing thru the pantry" during lockdown, and committed to get into the best shape of his life. Three weeks later, Smith has stripped down to show us his progress. We've got the video.
Since his May 4 announcement that he wanted "to FEEL better," Will Smith has challenged anyone who wants to join him to hop in and get to work. Smith says he's cut out his "midnight muffins" habit, and a few times a week he's been posting photos and videos of himself getting after it. To inspire all of us, he also shares images of followers who tag him in their own workout posts.
Will Smith's weight loss workouts include incline treadmill walks, runs outside (yep, even on rainy days), and some solid resistance training—"Crazy that this one was taken right before I picked up the big ones, dang," he joked in a caption that accompanied a May 18 shot of him engaged in some shoulder presses with what appear to be two 10-pound weights. (Nothing wrong with it!)
Then this Thursday, he posted a shot he captioned: "The Pursuit of Happyness." Getting real in his boxer briefs, Smith offers a 360-degree shot of his progress almost a month in. ("That is so nasty," he laughs.) That's followed up by a fast-moving montage of his resistance work, like leg presses, rows, pulldowns, curls, weighted squats, and a few other fierce moves.
View this post on Instagram
With currently 3.6 million likes and over 30,000 comments from followers, Smith's message clearly resonates. It all goes to show that when it comes to taking the greatest care of ourselves, we all just have to commit, and start somewhere. Don't miss the easy seven-minute workout that science says will help you burn more fat, and keep reading:
- The One Trick To Lose Weight Like Crazy, Says Celebrity Trainer
- Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond Reveals How She Lost 38 Pounds in 5 Months
- Sandra Lee Just Shared Exactly How She Lost 17 Pounds in 2 Months
- What Happens To Your Body When You Stop Lifting Weights
More content from Celeb News
- – Healthy Habits Martha Stewart Swears By To Feel Great At 80
- – Bobby Flay's #1 Secret for Grilling Perfect Food
- – Eating Habits Harrison Ford Swears By to Feel Amazing at 79
- – 8 Eating Habits Jennifer Lopez Swears by to Look Amazing at 52
- – 4 Healthy Eating Habits Tom Cruise Follows To Feel Great At 59
- – 5 Snacks Shawn Mendes Swears By
- – 5 Healthy Eating Habits That Camila Cabello Swears By
- – What Maye Musk, Oldest Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model, Eats to Stay in Shape at 74