26% of People Say This Is the Worst Chocolate Candy
Halloween is fast approaching and before you know it, the big day will be here. While, for many people, the few days preceding the spooky holiday are all about last-minute costume and party prep, for others, it's all about the candy—and more specifically, the chocolate. While giving out full-sized treats or having a particularly creative candy chute may make you a hero to the kids in your area, having the wrong goodies on hand could get you some unwanted neighborhood notoriety.
A new poll from Mashed reveals that one candy, in particular, stands out among chocoholics as the single worst chocolate candy to give out on Halloween. Before you get your house blacklisted from the local trick-or-treating route, read on to discover what respondents to Mashed's survey call the worst chocolate Halloween candy. And for some tasty treats to enjoy this fall, check out the 100 Easiest Recipes You Can Make.
Is it a mint that doesn't improve your breath or just a chocolate with a perplexingly refreshing goo at its center? Regardless of how you categorize Junior Mints, one thing is for sure: it's not a hit at Halloween. A whopping 21% of Mashed's respondents said this is the worst chocolate candy out there.
Coconut is an undeniably polarizing ingredient in candies. Some people love it, while others can't even fathom voluntarily eating a candy with coconut in it. It appears the respondents to Mashed's survey fall squarely into the latter camp, with the candy receiving "about a quarter of the vote" for worst chocolate candy.
Milk Duds have been part of the world's candy consciousness since they first hit the market in 1928.
However, even after nearly a century to gain fans, it seems things aren't going so well for the caramel-covered chocolates. A whopping 26% of Mashed's survey respondents called these movie theater staples the worst of the worst.
Some candies are still undeniable hits.
While there are some chocolate candies that definitely aren't worth buying this year, there were some clear frontrunners when it came to chocolate Halloween treats.
The most popular chocolate candies among respondents included 3 Musketeers, Baby Ruths, Hershey's bars, and M&Ms.
For more insight into what trick-or-treaters really want this year, check out This Is the Most Popular Halloween Candy in Your State, and for more food news delivered to your inbox, sign up for our newsletter!
Read this next:
- The #1 Halloween Candy Mistake You're Making
- I Tasted All the New Halloween Candy for 2021 & This Is the Best
- The One Halloween Candy You Should Never Eat
More content from Groceries
- – This Popular Peanut Butter Is Being Recalled Across The U.S.
- – We Tasted 10 Popular Light Beers & This Is the Best
- – 19 Candy Bars to Always Leave on Grocery Store Shelves
- – 4 Nostalgic Grocery Store Favorites Coming Back Soon
- – Costco Just Brought Back This Beloved Frozen Treat For Summer
- – 5 Major Differences in Costco and Costco Business Center Right Now
- – Over 185,000 Pounds of This Popular Bacon Is Being Pulled From Grocery Shelves
- – This Grocery Brand Is Slowing Down Production