The One Ingredient Everyone's Adding to Their Tea
If you ask any grandmother, there's nothing a spot of tea can't fix. Though a daily tea habit was once considered a dated British tradition, these days everyone is enjoying the flavor and complexity of this herbal beverage. It's no surprise given that tea offers many benefits, including a lower risk of premature death, heart disease and stroke, improved brain health, and better weight management. While these are all excellent news for our overall wellbeing and vitality, it's easy to lose all of these perks if we overload our tea with the wrong type of ingredients. What do we mean? Adding in spoonfuls of sugar or full-fat milk that's packs on the calories.
The solution? Hopping on a trend that's been buzzing for a while now: oat milk.
Here are all the amazing benefits of adding oat milk to your tea, and for even more healthy tips, be sure to check out our list of The 7 Healthiest Foods to Eat Right Now.
If you're an avid Instagram or TikTok user, it's hard to miss the dozens of recipes and posts related to this new milk alternative. It's a new fan favorite—and for a good reason. Oat milk is a powerhouse in this dairy-free category since it offers:
- An allergen alternative: Since many people have nut allergies, almond and cashew milk are out of the question. However, oat milk provides that same texture and consistency without the risk of contamination.
- Source of fiber: As an essential part of our diets, fiber regulates our digestive system to run smoothly, and luckily, oat milk is a trustworthy source. In fact, it offers more than almond milk and other like competitors.
- Packed with vitamins: Though higher in calories and carbohydrates than almond or coconut milk, oat milk offers an impressive amount of B vitamins, which manage stress, and vitamin D, for healthy bones.
But for tea fans, oat milk takes your sipping habit to the next level but providing exciting, dynamic, and complex flavor profiles. It creates the same thick liquid you'd find when adding regular milk but with more nutrients. If you're looking for two delicious ways to enjoy oat milk with tea at home, we personally love these Oat Milk Tea Latte and Oat Milk Matcha Latte recipes.
More Tea Stories on Eat This, Not That!
- This New Tea Line May Help Boost Your Immune System, Company Says
- This One Trick Will Make Your Green Tea Taste Better
- We Just Discovered The Easiest Hack for Drinking Tea
- This One Tea Habit Ruins Its Health Benefits, New Study Says
- 4 Best Teas for Sleep, According to Experts