Outback Steakhouse Just Added a New Version of This Beloved Appetizer
Many restaurants switched to a limited menu after the coronavirus pandemic to streamline operations. It is easier for employees to cook, serve, package, or deliver food with a reduced selection. However, several restaurants are adding items to their menu again.
One is adding favorites back — but is going a little further, too. Outback Steakhouse recently announced menu favorites like Aussie Twisted Ribs and Three Cheese Steak Dip are back. There are also new steak combos and cooking styles to choose from.
But that's not all. The restaurant's famous Bloomin' Onion appetizer is now joined by the Bloomin' Fried Chicken. The dish features chicken fried in the same seasoning as the Bloomin' Onion and covered in spicy bloom sauce. The news of the new Bloomin' dish comes with the announcement that regular Bloomin' Onions are now only $7.99, according to a statement.
"Our team members are so excited to serve this new menu to our guests," says Brett Patterson, President of Outback Steakhouse. "After operating on a limited menu, we are bringing back some favorite items as well as some new additions, quality improvements and lower prices."
Other new menu items include Braised Beef Bronzer-Wich, a Prime Rib Sandwich, Toowoomba Salmon, and two dessert options — Butter Cake and a Chocolate Fondue Flight.
The fast-casual chain isn't the only one to announce new menu items early in September. Along with the news that they are taking away Mexican Pizza and two other favorites, Taco Bell revealed new foods for the fall. Look out for the Dragonfruit Freeze and the Chicken Chipotle Melt at your local Taco Bell starting November 5. And there may be more to report in the future. The company is testing the Quesalupa and Crispy Chicken Wings at select restaurants.
More content from Restaurants
- – Wendy's Is Now the Most Expensive Fast Food Restaurant in the U.S., New Data Says
- – Wawa Is Finally Opening Its First Locations In a Handful of States
- – 11 Signs a New Restaurant Is Worth Trying, According to Experts
- – Looking for the Cheapest Fast-Food Near You? There's Finally a Database to Help
- – This Is the One Chicken Wing Chain That Chefs Actually Rave About
- – 8 Secrets You Should Know About Olive Garden
- – Top 5 Restaurant Chains With The Most Loyal Customers
- – 7 Fast-Food Restaurants Offering Great Deals In December