Pizza Hut Is the First National Chain to Use This Topping
With the big reveal of its "McPlant" menu this week, McDonald's joined the plant-based meat craze that's sweeping fast-food restaurants across the U.S. Less than one day later, Pizza Hut has earned the distinction of becoming the first pie company to bring a plant-based meat pizza to Americans nationwide. It's safe to say that meatless meat is having a moment!
The national pizza chain has partnered with Beyond Meat to bring two meatless meat pizzas to the masses. But you better sink your teeth into one of these new pies while they're hot. Both the Beyond Italian Sausage Pizza and Great Beyond Pizza are available for only a limited time only, while supplies last.
The Beyond Italian Sausage Pizza brings combines Beyond Italian sausage and Italian seasonings on a classic Pizza Hut cheese pizza. The Great Beyond Pizza pairs even more toppings with the meatless sausage, including red onions, tomatoes, and banana peppers. Both pizzas may be ordered on Pizza Hut's Hand-Tossed, Original Stuffed, or Thin 'N Crispy Crusts.
"I'd challenge anyone to go try the new Beyond Pan Pizza and tell the difference. I shared it with friends and family, and they couldn't," Pizza Hut's chief brand officer David Graves said in a statement. "The Beyond Italian Sausage is rich, juicy, and has the signature Pizza Hut flavors—pizza lovers everywhere are going to love it."
Pizza Hut and McDonald's are far from the first major chains to added plant-based meat alternatives to their menus. Burger King's Impossible Whopper has won over many carnivores. Dunkin's Beyond Meat breakfast sandwich tested so well that it got a national release. Starbucks also launched the Impossible Sausage Breakfast Sandwich earlier this year.
Even more meatless grocery store products are making their way onto shelves, too. These Plant-Based Brands Are Crushing Sales—and Their Meaty Competition.
More content from Restaurants
- – Taco Bell Just Revealed a Brand New Pizza-Like Item
- – This Major Dessert Chain Is Closing 10 Locations Amid Declining Profits
- – America's Second-Largest Burger Chain Is Getting a New Look
- – McDonald's Has a Major New Sandwich In the Works
- – 7 Bizarre Rules McDonald's Employees Have to Follow
- – This Popular Boutique Burger Chain Just Released a Juicy Lucy Burger
- – The Country's Biggest Sandwich Chain Plans to Roll Out This Significant Kitchen Upgrade
- – This Popular Burger Chain Just Brought Back a Fan-Favorite Sandwich