Taco Bell Is Adding 21 Items to Its Dollar Menu, Including the Double Stacked Taco
Taco Bell is truly a fast-food chain of the people. Last month, it announced plans to fund up to $6 million in college scholarships. Before that, it appeased baseball fans by handing out free tacos. And now, in its latest move, it wants to expand its $1 offerings. Starting in 2020, Taco Bell's $1 Menu (formally called the Cravings Value Menu) will expand to include 21 items.
Now, it should be noted that the menu hasn't been mapped out in its entirety yet, but the brand did announce one all-star returning item that will help fill it out. Put your hands together for the return of the widely beloved Double Stacked Taco, which will come back in three flavors: Nacho Crunch, Chipotle Cheddar, and Reaper Ranch.
The Double Stacked Taco rose to fame during its last stint on the $1 Menu, back in 2016. Named for its innovative taco-shell combo, the Double Stacked wraps a soft tortilla around a crispy hard shell, and is then stuffed with all the standard-issue taco goodies. This delicious treat definitively answers that age-old dilemma of which taco casing (hard shell or soft shell) reigns supreme with shockingly simple finality: Um, it's both, people!
You can load up on Double Stacked Tacos in any one flavor for $1 each, or pile all three into a Cravings Box for $5, which comes with a fountain drink.
"It's more important than ever before that we give fans the craveable food they not only want, but can afford, and we've built our menu with some of our most innovative items from $1 to $5 to ensure there is something for everyone," said Melissa Friebe, the senior vice president of brand marketing and consumer insights at Taco Bell, in a press release. "Committing to the $1 is a priority for us and we're excited to bring back the hugely popular Double Stacked Tacos."
While we welcome the Double Stacked Tacos back to the $1 Menu with open arms, Taco Bell's current $1 spread is already impressively robust. As of now, you can get four different kinds of burritos (including a breakfast burrito), triple-layer nachos, and cinnamon twists, plus nine other items, all for just $1 each.
The as-of-yet-unannounced additions will start rolling onto the menu next year, but Double Stacked Tacos are set to officially join the fun on Thursday, December 26th. Talk about a Christmas miracle!
More content from Restaurants
- – America's Favorite Pasta Chain Is Bringing Back This Iconic Deal
- – This New Texas Roadhouse Product Sold Out in Minutes—Here's How to Get It
- – This Sandwich Chain Has Gone From Struggling To Growing With 19 New Locations
- – 4 Once-Favorite Pizza Chains in America That Went Out of Business
- – The #1 Unhealthiest Steak at Every Popular Steakhouse Chain
- – Taco Bell Will Bring Back One Highly Requested Discontinued Item—and You Get To Choose Which One
- – America's Largest Sandwich Chain Is Facing a Shortage of This Menu Staple, Insiders Claim
- – These Struggling Pizza Chains Are on a Major Rebound