Trader Joe's Newest Premade Meal is Loaded With Calories and Fat
Trader Joe's is known for its easy and convenient pre-made meals. Fan-favorites like the oatmeal cups, Chicken Burrito Bowl, and other meals-made-easy are huge time-savers that you can prepare in minutes without breaking the bank. The grocery store's latest option, Trader Joe's Gobbler Quesadilla, is only $4.49 and takes less than four minutes to heat up.
However, it also packs 600 calories, 16 grams of saturated fat, 1,010 milligrams of sodium, 105 milligrams of cholesterol, and 17 grams of sugar. That's a lot to digest.
The Thanksgiving-inspired combo of roasted turkey breast, mozzarella cheese, butternut squash, cranberries, and kale in a flour tortilla has made many people's mouths water, thanks to the photos posted by Instagram account @traderjoeshungry. (Related: 15 Classic American Desserts That Deserve a Comeback.)
Commenters have said they "wanna try this," it "looks so good," and that the meal is already on their grocery lists. But, eating Trader Joe's Gobbler Quesadilla means you are consuming 28% of the daily recommended amount of added sugars. That's more sugar than three regular Oreo cookies.
The meal also has 44% of the daily recommended value of sodium, and a whopping 80% of the daily recommended value of saturated fat. The American Heart Association says that limiting this type of fat can help reduce cholesterol and lower your risk of heart disease.
"Was excited until I saw the nutrition facts," one Instagram commenter noted, referring to the high amounts of calories, fat, sugar, sodium, and cholesterol. The @traderjoeshungry account replied that the quesadilla is great for a tasty treat every so often.
Unfortunately, this latest inexpensive offering is one that can be added to our list of the 17 food you should never buy at Trader Joe's.
For more grocery news delivered straight to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – This Clever Trick Will Let You Shop at Costco Without a Membership
- – 5 Grocery Store Trends You'll Start Seeing Everywhere in 2023
- – Walmart's Black Friday Deals Include These Top-Notch Food and Kitchen Items
- – 4 Best Store-Bought Pies To Save Your Thanksgiving
- – 9 Best Food Advent Calendars to Order Now
- – Which Grocery Chain Has the Most Delicious Pre-Made Pumpkin Pie This Year?
- – You Could Win a Year's Worth of Free Groceries From Whole Foods—Here's How
- – 6 Store-Bought Foods Chefs Say You Should Make at Home