Walmart Is Adding a Beer and Sushi Restaurant Inside This Location
A Walmart Supercenter in Rogers, Arkansas (located in the Ozarks!) will be introducing an upscale sushi restaurant in their store soon. At the restaurant, shoppers will be able to choose from an assortment of hand-rolled sushi made by "highly-trained" sushi chefs as well as hot appetizers including dim sum and Asian chicken wings.
Don't miss the 15 Classic American Desserts That Deserve a Comeback.
To wash down that crunchy shrimp roll, patrons will be able to order from a list of eight wines and 12 rotating beers on tap, some of which will be featured from a local brewery in town called Bike Rack Brewing Company. Not only will this restaurant tailor to your happy hour and dinner needs, but it will also satisfy your breakfast cravings as well. In the mornings, the establishment will serve healthy options including avocado toast, acai bowls, and smoothies. (Make sure you check out What Happens to Your Body When You Drink a Smoothie Every Day.)
So, why put a sushi restaurant inside of a Walmart? Well, the concept isn't as random as it may appear. Walmart is partnering with Hissho Sushi and Craft Beer Bar to make this idea come to life, but this isn't the first time the grocery giant has worked with the nation's second-largest sushi provider. In fact, a few Walmart locations in Charlotte, North Carolina launched "Hissho on the Go" last year where shoppers can purchase pre-made sushi rolls to take home.
Hissho has also partnered with Meijer and helped the grocery chain open its own sushi and craft beer bar inside one of its locations in Brighton, Michigan. However, that was before the pandemic hit. At this new Walmart restaurant, all 20 employees will be required to follow strict hand-washing and sanitation protocols. In addition, the restaurant will only be able to operate at half capacity with tables six feet apart and everyone will be required to wear a mask upon entry.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest grocery news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Groceries
- – 26 Items Costco Is Discontinuing Right Now
- – 7 Strict Rules Trader Joe's Employees Have to Follow
- – Walmart Is Making Several Major Changes That Will Impact Your Holiday Shopping
- – Trader Joe's Will Not Bring Back These Two Customer Perks As Food Samples Return
- – 10 Costco Finds Customers Are Currently Raving About
- – 4 Beloved Costco Food Court Favorites That Are Now Overrated, Say Members
- – Major Grocery Chains Are Pulling 24 Cheese Brands From Shelves Due to a Listeria Outbreak
- – What Is the Costco Death Star? And Why You Should Know About It