Why You Should Be Microwaving Your Tea
Sipping the beverage regularly can fry stubborn belly chub and even fight off disease. There aren't many other drinks that can work wonders like that! But if you want to reap the better-body benefits, brewing a cup however you please just won't do—and following the tea manufacturers' brewing instructions isn't much better. You miss out on some health-promoting, flab-frying catechins inside the tea bag if you follow the instructions on the box, according to findings published in the Journal of Food Composition and Analysis and our new e-book, The 7-Day Flat-Belly Tea Cleanse, which shows you how to eat and drink—and still shrink!
After carrying out a series of preparation scenarios in a lab, the researchers found that using a microwave as part of the extraction method improved the amount of catechins in your cup by nearly 20 percent. It also slightly boosted the extraction of caffeine. To reap the nutritional benefits at home, follow the researchers' scientifically-backed brewing method: Put your tea bag into a cup of boiling water for 30 seconds, then, keeping the tea bag in the water, zap your cup in the microwave for one minute before enjoying. Who would have thought something so simple could have such a powerful impact?!
Before you start sipping your tea, though, be warned it may taste more bitter or astringent than usual because of the extra catechins in your cup. The researchers suggest looking for fruit-infused green tea varieties to help mask the taste.
To learn more about the wonders of tea, and get started on a 7-day plan that will melt up to 10 pounds, buy the 7-Day Flat-Belly Tea Cleanse now, exclusively in e-Book format. Available for Kindle, iBooks, Nook, Google Play, and Kobo.
More content from Healthy Eating
- – The #1 Best Meal To Order at Arby's, Says Dietitian
- – 5 Worst Salad Dressings for Blood Sugar
- – 8 Incredible Effects of Giving Up Chocolate for a Month, Says Research
- – This Eating Habit May Harm Cognitive Function, New Study Says
- – 5 Worst Side Effects of Cooking with Canola Oil
- – 9 Fast-Food Breakfasts To Stay Away From Right Now
- – 6 Yogurts Made With the Lowest Quality Ingredients
- – These Dairy Products May Help Prevent Diabetes, New Study Says