Tea Drinking Tips For a Longer Life
Your Healthy Tip for the Day
SMALLER BOWLS = SMALLER YOU. In a study, people given larger bowls served and ate 16 percent more than those given smaller bowls.
NPR: Tea Drinking Tips For a Longer Life
"Researchers studying the Blue Zones, five regions around the world with lots of centenarians, have come up with this rule: 'Drink coffee for breakfast, tea in the afternoon, wine at 5 p.m.'" Click here to read the full story.
SCIENCE DAILY: Researchers Raise The Bar for First Responders
"The number one killer of firefighters isn't burns or smoke inhalation; it's stress and exertion, which kills about 50 firefighters each year nationwide. To help firefighters and law enforcement officers better manage the physical and emotional demands of their jobs, researchers are pushing them to the limit with state-of-the-art equipment measuring everything from cardiovascular endurance to flexibility." Click here to read the full story.
NY TIMES: Exploring Why Some People Get Fitter Than Others
"Anyone in a running group or gym class has likely noticed that some of the participants annoyingly become much fitter than others. But exactly why some people's bodies respond well to working out and others do not puzzles scientists. Studies indicate, unsurprisingly, that genetics must be involved, since a particularly high or low response to exercise tends to run in families. But less has been known about which genes might be involved, and how those genes actually increase or blunt the body's response." Click here to read the full story.
More content from Healthy Eating
- – 4 Best Eating Habits To Reduce Chronic Pain
- – 4 Best Eating Habits to Reduce Inflammation and Slow Aging
- – 6 Worst Snacks for High Blood Pressure
- – The #1 Best Eating Habit for a Longer Life
- – 4 Surprising Side Effects of Eating White Rice
- – Red Meat Is Even Worse for Your Heart Than We Thought, Says New Study
- – 4 Best High-Protein Snacks for Stronger Muscles in Your 50s
- – The Absolute Worst Alcoholic Drinks for Your Heart