MUNCHIES: Mariah Carey's Insane Diet Apparently Consists of Nothing But Salmon and Capers
"In a recent interview with E! News, Mariah Carey shared the most Mariah Carey of secrets on how to stay svelte north of the 45-year-old mark. 'It's really hard. My diet, you would hate it,' Carey said. 'All you eat is Norwegian salmon and capers every day. That's it.'" Read full story.
DON'T MISS: 8 Shocking Facts About Salmon
Should You Be Concerned About Carrageenan in Your Food?
"Over the years, carrageenan's safety has been questioned, with some studies linking the additive to intestinal inflammation. However, recent research findings published in the journal Food and Toxicology and funded by the industry-backed International Food Additives Council indicate that carrageenan does not cross the intestinal epithelium — a barrier that keeps out the bad stuff and lets in good stuff — and does not cause intestinal inflammation." Read full story.
WEB MD: Low-Carb Diet May Aid Your Metabolism
"Eating low-carbohydrate meals may lead to healthy changes in a woman's metabolism that don't occur when consuming higher-carbohydrate meals, a small study suggests. The researchers also found that the timing of exercise may play a role in how beneficial it is for your metabolism." Read full story.
More content from Weight Loss
- – Up Your Protein With 5 Meals That Melt Stubborn Belly Fat
- – 5 Best Habits to Lose Belly Fat and Actually Keep it Off, Says Science
- – 3 Effective Tips To Lose Face Fat From a Doctor and Trainer
- – The Best Exercises To Get Rid of Holiday Weight Fast, Expert Says
- – The #1 Workout To Get Rid of Your Holiday Gut, Fitness Expert Says
- – 3 Ridiculously Easy Rules To Keep the Holiday Weight Off
- – 6 Ways To Indulge and Still Avoid Weight Gain This Holiday Season
- – 5 Natural Ways To Burn Fat Everywhere, Expert Says