Ben & Jerry's Just Released a New Line of Low-Calorie Pints
Breaking up with Ben and Jerry was arguably the most heart-shattering thing you had to do in the name of health and weight loss. That is until you discovered Halo Top. But now, your former best buds are launching their own version of low-calorie pints. Lo and behold, Ben & Jerry's Moo-phoria ice cream.
As of now, the pints come in three flavors: Chocolate Milk and Cookies, Caramel Cookie Fix, and P.B. Dough, which pack in 140, 150, and 160 calories per ½ cup serving, respectively. To put that into perspective, eating the entire pint would cost you 560–640 calories as compared to Halo Top pints, which range from 240–360 calories.
However, the pints still pack a decent amount of sugar: Chocolate Milk and Cookies clock in at 140 calories, 4.5 grams of fat (2.5 grams saturated fat), 70 mg of sodium, 22 grams of carbs (less than 1 gram of fiber, 15 grams of sugar), and 3 grams of protein.
For P.B. dough, the most caloric of the three, the nutritionals are: 160 calories, 5 grams of fat (2.5 grams saturated fat), 45 mg sodium, 25 grams of carbs (1 gram of fiber, 16 grams of sugar), and 4 grams of protein.
Unlike Halo Top, BJ opted for marking its labels with the calorie count per just a ½-cup serving in order to deter dessert lovers from spooning the entire pint in one sitting, Dena Wimette, Senior Global Innovation and Communications Manager at Ben & Jerry's, said, according to the New York Post.
If you've missed the unadulterated globs of cookie dough, fudgy chunks, and caramel swirls, keep an eye out for Ben & Jerry's lightened-up pints that are set to hit freezer aisles this February. Until then, dig into one of our 26 Best Diet Ice Creams.
More content from Groceries
- – Costco Just Brought Back This Beloved Frozen Treat For Summer
- – The Worst Vanilla Ice Cream Pint You Should Never Have In Your Freezer
- – 5 Major Differences in Costco and Costco Business Center Right Now
- – Over 185,000 Pounds of This Popular Bacon Is Being Pulled From Grocery Shelves
- – This Grocery Brand Is Slowing Down Production
- – This Struggling Grocery Chain Is Closing Several Locations Soon
- – I Tasted 7 Microwavable Oatmeals, and This Was My Favorite
- – Coca-Cola Is Completely Changing This Beloved Soda