Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
Combine the tropical sweetness of coconut with the delicate flavors of shrimp in this impressive keto party snack. Making these in your air fryer will assure a homogenous, crispy crust that doesn't crumble and fall off. Not to mention, you're cutting the amount of fat by skipping the frying oil. We double down on the coconut flavor by using canned coconut milk as the glue for the breading. You can easily use this recipe to create crispy coconut chicken too!
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup canned coconut milk
1/2 cup Panko
1 lb medium shrimp, deveined, peeled, and cooked
Fourth and Heart Ghee Spray or other high heat cooking spray
Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It
- In a shallow pan over low heat, toast the coconut for several minutes until golden brown.
- Add coconut milk to a shallow bowl. In a second shallow bowl, combine Panko and the toasted coconut and mix.
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel and dip into coconut milk, and then the Panko mix.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Place the shrimp in the air fryer in a single layer, working in batches if needed. Fry them for about 7 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
More content from Recipes
- – SunGold Kiwi Salsa Snack
- – The Best Classic Recipes Your Grandma Used to Make
- – 4 Healthy Snack Recipes to Manage Diabetes, According to a Dietitian
- – Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- – Orange Creamsicle Chia Pudding
- – Whipped Cottage Cheese With Berries and Pistachios
- – Vegetable Croquettes
- – 16 Crispiest Comfort Food Recipes to Make in Your Air Fryer Tonight