5 Discontinued Breads You'll Never See Again
When it comes to bread, you might fall into one of two categories: You line up at the local bakery for your favorite loaf, or you buy whatever pre-sliced option is on sale at the grocery store. Either way, bread probably seems like a fairly stable grocery item that doesn't change much over time.
Still, there are a few fan-favorite bread options out there that haven't stood the test of time. Here are some discontinued breads you'll never see again, at least not in the United States.
And for more, here's What Happens to Your Body When You Drink a Smoothie Every Day.
Sadly, this sandwich bread didn't taste like Goldfish crackers. Instead, it was whole-wheat bread shaped like the iconic snack.
Trader Joe's Sprouted Flourless Whole-Wheat Berry Bread
This bread featured dates and raisins and was perfect for morning toast. Sadly, it's no longer on TJ's shelves.
Roman Meal Bread
Roman Meal had some pretty fun packaging, with an illustration of an ancient Roman soldier in the brand's logo. But the brand no longer exists in North America, because the rights were sold to Flower Foods in 2015. You can still find Roman Meal in places like Japan and Thailand, though!
Subway Honey Oat Bread
Subway is known for serving its sandwiches on giant bread. But if you're looking for the honey oat bread, we have some bad news: It's been gone for several years.
Trader Joe's Quinoa Bread
Quinoa in bread? That might sound like an odd combination, but for a while, it was a reality at Trader Joe's. The bread is no longer on store shelves, but customers still ask when it will be back.
For more, check out these 108 most popular sodas ranked by how toxic they are.
More content from Groceries
- – 8 Ice Cream Brands That Use the Highest Quality Ingredients
- – Trader Joe's Is Releasing Its Fall Items Soon—Here's How You Can Get Paid $1,000 To Try Them
- – This Massive Drink Recall Was Just Expanded to Include Almost 90 Beverages
- – 8 Chocolate Brands That Use the Highest Quality Ingredients
- – A Tomato Shortage Could Make Pizza, Sauce, and Salsa More Expensive
- – America's Largest Grocery Chain Is Making This Major Change To Its Checkout Lanes
- – This Costco Product Just Beat Out 60+ Others, New Investigation Says
- – 9 Worst Canned Chilis to Always Leave on Grocery Store Shelves