Here's How to Score a Free McRib Right Now
The McRib will bow for another limited-time appearance on McDonald's menu tomorrow, and diehard fans are ready to drive to the nearest drive-thru to nab one. But before you go full throttle, you may want to take advantage of a special opportunity to score the sandwich with a cult following for free.
McDonald's is giving away 10,000 free McRib sandwiches to fans who are willing to put their clean-shaven faces on display. Whether you've been growing a beard in quarantine or recently participated in No-Shave November, it's time to get rid of any facial hair that may stand in the way of fully enjoying a juicy McRib to the fullest. (Related: McDonald's Is Making These 8 Major Upgrades.)
All you have to do to enter the sweepstakes is show your baby-smooth face on a public Instagram or Twitter account, caption the image with #Shave4McRibSweepstakes, and tag @McDonalds. The image needs to be posted to your profile—not your Stories.
Worry not if you're wondering whether McDonald's is discriminating against fans who don't have a beard to shave. Anyone from your mom to your cousin's roommate can enter the sweepstakes by simply showing their beardless face, whether shaven or naturally smooth.
Besides simply spreading the McRib gospel, McDonald's is also partnering with the No-Shave November organization, which raises cancer awareness. Every McRib purchased on Dec. 2 will support the fast-food chain's donation to the charity.
"Our bearded fans know… facial hair and the McRib just don't mix—believe me, I've tried," David Tovar, McDonald's vice president of U.S. communications, said. "With the nationwide return of the McRib, we're helping fans enjoy every delectable moment by encouraging them to shave for a chance to win a free McRib. And we're excited this year to partner with No-Shave November, a charity that knows a thing or two about facial hair."
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – This Popular Boutique Burger Chain Just Released a Juicy Lucy Burger
- – The Country's Biggest Sandwich Chain Plans to Roll Out This Significant Kitchen Upgrade
- – This Popular Burger Chain Just Brought Back a Fan-Favorite Sandwich
- – Chick-fil-A is Launching This Major New Fall Breakfast Item
- – McDonald's Is Bringing Back This Highly Anticipated Collaboration
- – 7 Controversial Ads Jack in the Box Doesn't Want You to Remember
- – 9 Burger Chains With the Best Quality Meat in America
- – 5 Most Powerful Fried Chicken Chains Right Now