Keto Buckeye Cookie Fat Bombs
Buckeye cookies are balls of peanut butter fudge dipped in chocolate. To turn them keto, we employed some simple ingredient swaps. Instead of powdered sugar, we are using a powdered keto-approved sweetener like Xylitol or Stevia. And to keep the chocolate coating keto, we're using a sugar-free chocolate with added MCT oil for a glossy finish.
Make a batch of these on Sunday and treat yourself to a sweet snack every day of the week!
Makes about 15 fat bombs
3 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup natural, no-sugar-added creamy peanut butter, like Santa Cruz Organic Peanut Butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup keto confectioners sugar replacement, like Swerve
2/3 cup peanut powder
1/2 cup Lily's Semi-Sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp Bulletproof MCT oil
How to Make It
- Line a baking sheet that will fit in the freezer with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, microwave the butter in 10-second bursts until mostly melted. Add the peanut butter, microwave again for 20 seconds, and stir to combine. Mixture should be smooth and loose.
- Add vanilla, confectioners sugar, and peanut powder. Stir to combine until a stiff dough forms.
- Use a small cookie scoop or two small spoons and portion out the dough into balls. Roll between hands and place on the baking sheet. Freeze for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove the balls of dough from the freezer and roll between hands again to create a perfectly smooth surface. Freeze for another 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the chocolate for dipping. Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 20-second bursts, stirring occasionally until melted. Add the MCT oil and stir to create a silky chocolate.
- Remove the balls of dough from the freezer. Push a toothpick through each ball and dip the ball in chocolate almost all the way to the top. Place each dipped ball on the baking sheet, remove the toothpick, and use your finger to smooth out the hole.
- Freeze 5 to 10 minutes. Store in a single layer in a sealed container in the fridge.
More content from Recipes
- – 7 Holiday Desserts You Can Enjoy if You Have High Blood Sugar
- – 13 Best Keto-Friendly Comfort Food Recipes
- – 20+ Healthy Mug Recipes You Can Make in 5 Minutes (or Less!)
- – 20+ Old-Fashioned Midwestern Desserts to Try This Weekend
- – 10 Old-Fashioned Dips Made With Healthier Ingredients
- – 10 Healthier Copycat Recipes for Nostalgic Childhood Treats
- – 18 Dishes You Never Knew You Could Make in a Slow Cooker
- – 11 Old-Fashioned Snacks With Healthy Modern Twists