Jalapeño peppers are carb-conscious vegetables (about 1 gram of carbs per medium-sized pepper), so a keto version of jalapeño poppers is really a no-brainer. These are stuffed with ground beef and a full-fat, creamy cheese filling, then topped off with a combo of crispy bacon and pork rinds for extra flavor.
Tip: Avoid touching your face after handling and de-seeding the jalapeño peppers (or wear food prep gloves!).
Makes 4 servings
10 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and de-seeded
1/2 lb 80% lean ground beef
6 oz full-fat cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices cooked bacon
3/4 cup EPIC pork rinds
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the cream cheese and cheddar in a bowl of a sanding mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat the cheeses together until they form a soft, creamy blend.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until brown all over, about 5 minutes.
- Assemble the poppers by filling each with a spoonful of beef, and then covering with a generous amount of the cheese mix. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until the filling is bubbling and has some brown spots. Feel free to broil to achieve the desired brownness.
- While the peppers are baking, place cooked bacon and pork rinds in a food processor. Pulse until you get a crumbly texture. Once the poppers are done, sprinkle the topping over each popper. Serve immediately.