A Decadent Fall-Worthy Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe
Is there any better way to mark the start of fall than by enjoying pumpkin-flavored desserts? From pumpkin pie to PSLs and everything in between, there's no shortage of pumpkin treats. But once you try this pumpkin bread pudding recipe, you might want to give it a permanent spot in your fall dessert rotation.
With orange zest, cranberries, maple syrup, and pecans (along with pumpkin pie spice, of course), this dessert is basically autumn in a nutshell. And if you want to drink a pumpkin spice latte while eating it, we're not judging you.
Nutrition: 263 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated), 394 mg sodium, 34 g sugar, 10 g protein, 4 g fiber
Makes 6 servings
Nonstick cooking spray
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 15-ounce can pumpkin
1 12-ounce can evaporated fat-free milk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/ tsp salt
1/2 tsp orange zest
5 slices whole wheat bread, cut into cubes and dried
1/4 cup dried cranberries
3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
2 Tbsp chopped toasted pecans
How to Make It
- Coat a 1 1/2-quart soufflé dish with cooking spray. Tear off two 20 x 2-inch pieces of heavy foil. Crisscross the strips and place dish in the center.
- In a large bowl, whisk the next nine ingredients (through orange zest) until smooth. Stir in bread cubes and cranberries. Pour into prepared dish. Cover dish with foil.
- Place a trivet and 1 cup water in a 6-quart electric pressure cooker. Use the foil strips to transfer the dish into the cooker. Fold ends of foil strips over the top of the dish.
- Lock lid in place. Set cooker on high pressure to cook 40 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 15 minutes. Carefully release any remaining pressure. Open lid carefully.
- Using foil strips, lift bread pudding out of the cooker. Place on a wire rack. Remove foil strips and foil cover. Cool slightly. Serve warm, or cover and chill up to 24 hours. In a small bowl combine maple syrup and pecans. Drizzle over bread pudding when serving.
Eat This! Tip
To dry bread cubes, spread in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until dry. Remove and cool completely.