Worst Food In the World: Deep-Fried, Bacon-Wrapped Snickers
With each changing season seems to come a new slew of foods with catastrophic calorie counts—you health-minded foodies out there know exactly what we're talking about. And if you've ever been curious how bad these trendy eats actually are, you're going to love our latest column: Worst Food in the World. In each installment, we find out just how villainous these nutritional nightmares really are. In today's edition, the Deep-Fried, Bacon-Wrapped Snickers takes center stage.
Popping up at sports stadiums, county fairs and a number of recipe blogs, this crispy, chocolate-y treat is made by wrapping bacon around a Snickers bar, slathering it in a batter and then bathing it in a pool of grease. Oh, and we can't forget the dusting of powdered sugar and drizzle of chocolate sauce that tops it off. While enjoying some chocolate, bacon or a fried indulgence from time to time won't derail your weight loss efforts too much, combining all three elements and eating them in one sitting is another story entirely. Just one serving of the dessert has 2,334 calories (that's more than the recommended daily intake), more than two days worth of fat and 80 grams of sugar—that's the equivalent of 10 fun-size Snickers.
Although portion control will help lessen the caloric blow, it can only do so much. Even if you took just one bite out of the dessert, you'd still take in nearly 600 calories and 32 grams of fat. Our advice: Have two slices of bacon with breakfast and enjoy two fun-sized snicker bars for dessert. This simple swap will provide a number of the same flavors as this monstrosity and save you over 2,000 calories!
More content from Healthy Eating
- – Your Low-Carb Diet May Increase—Not Decrease—Diabetes Risk, New Study Suggests
- – 5 Eating and Drinking Habits That May Lead to Dry Skin
- – 4 Tips for Damage Control After Eating Too Much
- – Does Eating Turkey Really Make You Sleepy?
- – What Is the Sirtfood Diet? Adele's Reported Weight Loss Plan Revealed
- – Here's How Many Calories Are Lurking in Your Thanksgiving Dinner
- – 5 Best Eating Habits To Combat Seasonal Depression
- – 5 Bad Eating Habits That May Cause Hair Loss, Says Dietitian