An Easy, Healthy Acai Bowl Recipe
If you tend to lean toward breakfast smoothies but want to switch things up a bit, this acai bowl recipe is just the thing. Packed with blueberries, bananas, kiwi, coconut, and almond, this is one big bowl of deliciousness.
Buying packaged smoothies, or hitting up your local smoothie bar, is super convenient, but prepackaged smoothie varieties tend to be pretty high in sugar. By making a smoothie at home, you'll be in control of the ingredients (and sugar content).
Plus, this recipe couldn't be simpler, so you don't need to worry too much about prep time. Just toss the ingredients into a food processor, top with your favorite fruits or savory toppings, and you're good to go. This recipe uses fresh blueberries, kiwi, sliced almonds, and toasted coconut as the toppings, but you can customize the recipe to fit your own taste. (Just try not to go overboard with the sugary toppings, because this bowl already has 41 grams of sugar from the fruit.)
Once you've seen how easy it can be to make a smoothie bowl, you might just bid your breakfast smoothie goodbye. Either way, it's one nutritious acai bowl recipe you'll want to keep in your back pocket for those days you're craving a sweeter breakfast. Plus, it's so pretty, you'll definitely want to 'gram it.
Nutrition: 388 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated), 16 mg sodium, 11 g fiber, 41 g sugar, 5 g protein
Makes 2 servings
3.5-oz package frozen acai pulp
2 ripe bananas, cut into 1-inch chunks and frozen for at least 2 hours
1 Tbsp honey
4-5 Tbsp water
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
2 Tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut, toasted
2 Tbsp cocoa nibs
How to Make It
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, place frozen acai pulp, frozen banana chunks, and honey. Process until smooth, scraping down sides as needed and adding enough water to make it soft and spoonable.
- Portion into two bowls. Top with remaining ingredients, or use your favorite toppings!
Eat This Tip:
The acai berry is a powerful, antioxidant-rich superfood, but most acai smoothie bowls are total sugar bombs. Making this recipe at home slashes excess calories and sugar.
More content from Recipes
- – 8 Baking Secrets They Only Teach You in Pastry School
- – 11 Easy Mini Dessert Recipes That Are Perfect Just for You
- – This Nifty Trick Will Make Perfect Pancakes Every Time
- – 15 Old-Fashioned Food Terms You'll Only Hear In The Midwest
- – 9 Old-Fashioned Recipes From the Back of Iconic Product Boxes
- – 13 Old-Fashioned Steak Recipes You Need to Try Tonight
- – SunGold Kiwi Salsa Snack
- – 11 Mouthwatering Mac & Cheese Recipes Way Better Than Boxed