Here Are the Best Food Delivery Deals on Super Bowl Sunday
Both the Niners and the Chiefs have been fine-tuning their skills in hopes of leaving a legacy on the field this weekend. But, the ultimate Super Bowl play? It's you keeping an entire party of people well-fed throughout the game. Now, imagine successfully doing that without having to do any preparations or, even worse, risking giving up the prime game-viewing spot on your couch.
In an era where nearly every major restaurant has an app, food delivery may as well be regarded as proper Super Bowl etiquette. Why? Your guests expect to indulge in snacks far greasier and more fried than anything you could ever produce in a standard at-home kitchen—without creating a huge mess, anyways. At the same time, you probably don't want to fork out a pile of cash on takeout food (delivery fee, taxes, tip, and all), which requires you to buckle down and seek out the deals. Luckily, we did the research for you.
So fire up the GroupMe and poll your friends on what they're craving. Then, consider digging into these all-star delivery deals on Super Bowl Sunday.
- Applebee's: You can score 40 free boneless wings with any delivery order of $40 or more. To snag these, use the code FREEWINGS when ordering from the mobile app or on applebees.com.
- Auntie Anne's: You'll get a free snack stadium with the purchase of a Game Day Pretzel Pack, which includes your choice of freshly-baked Pretzel Nuggets or Mini Pretzel Dogs and assorted dips. That's right, myriad pretzel bites and containers of cheese sauce will be sitting in the stands of your very own mini, cardboard stadium.
- Einstein Bros: The quick-service joint will offer both breakfast and lunch delivery on game day, so you can get the party started from the minute you wake up. Maybe your guests will want to come over early and carb-load for the game with some bagels and breakfast sammies.
- Panda Express: Get $10 off the Family Feast, which includes three large entrées and two large sides, when you enter SCOREBIG online at pandaexpress.com. But you should know the restaurant chain is taking sides—they partnered with 49ers tight end George Kittle to offer his favorite dish at the discounted price.
- QDOBA Mexican Eats: It's simple, hot bar catering makes feeding a lot of people easy. Check out the large variety of options on the website, and snatch all of the free guacamole and queso you'd like. The best part of this deal? The team at QDOBA will even set up the food for you.
- Smashburger: How does a free side of regular or Smash tots with the purchase of any burger sound? Smashburger did its research for this one; it turns out, Feb. 2 is also National Tater Tot Day.
Of course, no roundup of food delivery deals would be complete without factoring in Grubhub. On a day where some 48 million Americans order food straight to their door, the delivery app will, without a doubt, be bustling during the Super Bowl. This week, the food delivery giant rolled out many deals from over 30 restaurants, including big-name places such as Shake Shack, Taco Bell, and Burger King. To check out these perks, including those available near you, head to the bottom of the screen in the Grubhub app and click the tab "Show me Perks."
Here are some of the best deals Grubhub is offering.
- Burger King: Any order over $10 gets kicked into the free-delivery zone.
- Panera: If you're bold enough to go a healthier route this Sunday, enjoy $3 off and free delivery.
- Shake Shack: Score free delivery on any Shack Pack order.
- KFC: Free delivery. Load up on that Finger Lickin' Goodness.
- Taco Bell: Get free delivery and $3.00 off any order of $15.00 and up.
So, while Patrick Mahomes and Jimmy Garoppolo are suiting up in their shoulder pads and helmets Sunday, you'll only need to arm yourself with your phone, a strong WiFi connection, and a colossal appetite. Whether you're ordering for a big group of people or even just for a party of one or two, these Super Bowl Sunday deals will 100 percent deliver.