Easy Broccoli-Cheese Eggs in a Mug Recipe
If you want to eat a nutritious breakfast but don't want to deal with the hassle of washing a bunch of cooking pans, this eggs in a mug recipe is perfect for you. It's for one serving, making it a great option for those weekday breakfasts when you just want to eat something and get out the door.
This easy, nutrient-rich breakfast takes just five minutes to make, and it's even easier if you chop the vegetables ahead of time. All you need is a mug, some cooking spray, and a microwave, and you'll have a filling breakfast ready to go in no time. And with just 314 calories and 519 milligrams of sodium per serving, this mug recipe is way healthier than many of the grab-and-go breakfast options out there.
Aside from the health factor, though, the best part of this dish is that there's pretty much zero cleanup. All of the vegetables, plus the two eggs, cook in the same mug. And the cooking dish is the same one you'll eat from, so it really couldn't be easier. There are no more excuses for saying you don't have time to make a healthy breakfast in the mornings. Just whip this handy mug recipe up in the microwave, and you'll be satisfied and ready to start your day.
Nutrition: 314 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated), 519 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 23 g protein
Makes 1 serving
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen broccoli
1 Tbsp chopped red bell pepper
1 green onion (scallion), sliced
2 Tbsp fat-free milk
1/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese (1 oz)
Salt and black pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Generously coat the inside of a 12-ounce mug with cooking spray. Add broccoli and 1 tsp water, and microwave on 100% power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes, or until broccoli is tender. Add red pepper, green onion, eggs, and milk. Beat with a fork until eggs are well blended.
- Microwave for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave again for 30 seconds, or until eggs are puffed and set. Sprinkle with cheese; cover with foil, and let stand a few minutes until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
More content from Recipes
- – 8 Baking Secrets They Only Teach You in Pastry School
- – 11 Easy Mini Dessert Recipes That Are Perfect Just for You
- – This Nifty Trick Will Make Perfect Pancakes Every Time
- – 15 Old-Fashioned Food Terms You'll Only Hear In The Midwest
- – 9 Old-Fashioned Recipes From the Back of Iconic Product Boxes
- – 13 Old-Fashioned Steak Recipes You Need to Try Tonight
- – SunGold Kiwi Salsa Snack
- – 11 Mouthwatering Mac & Cheese Recipes Way Better Than Boxed