These Caprese Skewers Are the Best Healthy Summer Appetizer
You can't be fully ready for summer until you get your hands on one of these Caprese Skewers. Inspired by Weelicious, this appetizer combines some of our summer favorites: tomato, mozzarella, and of course all of the in-season fruits. There are so many things we love about this recipe—it's incredibly healthy, super delicious, and did we mention it can be prepped and ready in under ten minutes? Yes, it's really that easy.
Another aspect of this dish that we love is that it can be totally customizable to your liking. Not a fan of cantaloupe? Switch it out for pineapple or honeydew or any other fruit or veggie you love. There is no such thing as a bad addition—anything goes!
And if looking for more recipes perfect for the season, be sure to check out 50 Amazing Summer Recipes You Have to Try.
Makes 10 servings
1 pint of strawberries
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
1 pint of blueberries
1 cup marinated bocconcini mozzarella
2 cups cantaloupe, sliced
1 bunch of fresh basil
3 tablespoons reduced balsamic vinegar
10 wooden skewers
How to Make It
- Slice the cantaloupe into small chunks about the size of the strawberries. (If the strawberries are too large, slice in half.)
- Make sure all the fruit and basil is rinsed and place into individual bowls.
- Skewer the fruits, mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil in various combinations and patterns.
- Place all of the skewers on a large cutting board or platter once completed and drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar to finish them off.
- Serve with extra balsamic vinegar for dipping, and enjoy!
More content from Recipes
- – 8 Baking Secrets They Only Teach You in Pastry School
- – 11 Easy Mini Dessert Recipes That Are Perfect Just for You
- – This Nifty Trick Will Make Perfect Pancakes Every Time
- – 15 Old-Fashioned Food Terms You'll Only Hear In The Midwest
- – 9 Old-Fashioned Recipes From the Back of Iconic Product Boxes
- – 13 Old-Fashioned Steak Recipes You Need to Try Tonight
- – SunGold Kiwi Salsa Snack
- – 11 Mouthwatering Mac & Cheese Recipes Way Better Than Boxed