An Immune-Boosting Blood Orange Beet Smoothie
We often feel like we could use a quick cleanse of our system, whether it's after over-indulging in food and alcohol, or when feeling sluggish and under the weather. Help your body get back to feeling great with a refreshing immune-boosting, cleansing smoothie.
Beets are the perfect ingredient for a smoothie cleanse. They contain betaine, which aids liver function, and are a significant source of iron and B-complex vitamins, which can help with iron-deficiency. They've also been shown to significantly lower blood pressure and improve athletic performance, due to ability to increase blood flow. To skip the mess of cooking and peeling beets yourself (and it does get quite gory!), try pre-cooked, pre-peeled Love Beets from the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
Citrus also plays an important role for any immune-boosting concoction—oranges and their juices will add vitamin C and antioxidants to this cleansing smoothie.
Makes 1 smoothie
1 small pre-cooked beet, like Love Beets
1 blood orange, peeled
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
6 oz freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 cup ice
How to Make It
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on low, then finish on high for 1 to 2 minutes, until smooth.
More content from Recipes
- – Wild Blueberry Walnut Smoothie
- – 8 5-Ingredient Smoothie Recipes to Lose Abdominal Fat
- – Sorghum Stuffed Peppers
- – 5 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes for Stronger Muscles, Says Dietitian
- – 8 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes to Help Lose Abdominal Fat
- – 6 Vegetable Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
- – 8 High-Protein Vegetarian Recipes to Make Tonight
- – 6 Best Smoothie Recipes to Lower Cholesterol, Says Nutritionist