Copycat KFC Chicken Sandwich
Craving a KFC chicken sandwich right now? Don't worry, this recipe is going to satisfy that craving in an instant. Thanks to Myprotein, we have a copycat KFC chicken sandwich recipe that's going to knock your socks off. Paired with an irresistible zingy, crunchy coating, MyProtein's Zingy Chicken Sandwich is a great treat to enjoy for dinner—especially when paired with some oven-baked fries.
For the zingy chicken fillets:
80 grams spicy tortilla chips (about 1/3 cup)
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic granules
1 tsp. paprika
4 chicken breasts
1 egg (beaten)
50 grams cornflour (about 1/4 cup)
Low-calorie cooking spray
For the burgers:
4 sesame seed burger buns
Handful of lettuce leaves
2 tomatoes (sliced)
Sauce of choice
How To Make It
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then place the tortilla crisps, chili powder, garlic granules, and paprika in a zip-lock food bag and use a rolling pin to smash the mixture into fine crumbs.
- Next, set up a station to prepare your chicken breasts—you should line up three shallow bowls or slightly rounded plates. In the first, you should have cornflour, in the second you should have the beaten egg, and you should empty out the tortilla mix into the third.
- Prepare your chicken breasts by patting them dry with a piece of kitchen towel. Then use tongs to place the first one in the cornflour mix – making sure to cover it fully. Then move on to dip the coated chicken breast into the egg wash, then finally the spicy tortilla mix. Repeat for the remaining chicken breasts.
- Place each coated chicken breast on a baking tray and a spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes, then carefully remove the tray from the oven and turn each chicken breast over. Spray the other side of each one with some more low-calorie spray and then bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your burger buns by cutting them in half. Add a generous amount of sauce to the bottom bun, then place a few salad leaves and slices of tomato on top.
- Once the zingy chicken fillets are completely cooked through and golden, place them on top of the tomatoes and lettuce. Then add another squirt of sauce or low-sugar ketchup and complete the burger with the top of the bun.
More content from Recipes
- – 13 Best Chicken Sausage Recipes for Weight Loss
- – 21 Healthy One-Pot Chicken Recipes for Busy Weeknights
- – 21 Best Healthy Baked Chicken Recipes for Weight Loss
- – 20 Old-Fashioned Chicken Recipes To Make Tonight
- – Healthy Lunch Recipes That Take 10 Minutes (or Less!)
- – 55 Forgotten Dinners That Deserve a Comeback
- – 20 Healthy Sheet Pan Chicken Recipes Perfect for Weight Loss
- – 30 Healthy Stuffed Chicken Recipes to Make Tonight