Crunchy Keto Cheese and Ranch Pinchos
Pinchos are bite-sized snacks typically served in the Basque region of Spain. And we love the idea of bite-sized food so much, we decided to make a keto version of a pincho, featuring a creamy cheese ball rolled in a finger-licking coating of bacon, nuts, and chives.
This stress-free snack hits all the right savory and salty notes from the ranch-flavored center to the crunchy exterior. Cheese balls are an easy recipe base to switch up with different flavors. Want it spicy? Add chopped jalapeño or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper. Like more herbs? Add chopped dill!
Makes 16 pinchos
8 oz full-fat cream cheese
1 Tbsp full-fat mayonnaise
2 Tbsp full-fat sour cream
1 cup shredded Colby jack or cheddar cheese
1 oz Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix
4 slices cooked bacon, finely chopped
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
3 Tbsp minced chives
How to Make It
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, shredded cheese, and ranch seasoning.
- Using the paddle attachment, mix until ingredients are fully incorporated. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the bowl edges occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- In a second small bowl, combine the bacon, pecans, and chives.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Once the cheese mixture is chilled, use a small scoop or two small spoons to portion out small cheese balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Roll each ball in the toppings until evenly coated on all sides.
- Place the balls on a plate or platter and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving with toothpicks.