Easy Sunny-Side Up Egg Pizza Recipe
Eggs kind of just make every dish better, so why not jazz up your pizza with some? And we're not talking about tossing scrambled eggs on a slice. This homemade sunny-side up pizza recipe is unlike any pizza you could ever order, so we have a feeling you're going to roll up your sleeves and break out the pizza dough quite often, especially when you taste this artisan-level pie.
In this recipe, the slices are topped with sunny-side up eggs, leeks, garlic, prosciutto, and both Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. This recipe isn't for those who are craving a typical slice, but if you're in the mood for something different that brings all the flavor, this is the pizza for you.
Check out our recipe for a sunny-side up pizza below!
Nutrition: 682 calories, 28 g fat (13 g saturated), 1,242 mg sodium, 1 g sugar, 34 g protein, 2 g fiber
Makes 6 servings
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing pan
1 Tbsp cornmeal
1 clove garlic, minced
1-lb package refrigerated pizza dough
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 small leek, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced, white and light green parts only (The layers of leeks can contain grit and sand. To clean, hold the halves under cool running water and fan the layers. Shake off excess water, and pat dry with paper towels before slicing.)
2 slices prosciutto, coarsely chopped
4 large eggs
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or 12-inch round pizza pan. Sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons olive oil and minced garlic in a small bowl. On a lightly floured surface, roll and press dough into a 12-inch circle, building up a rim around the edges. Carefully transfer to prepared pan. Brush dough with garlic-olive oil mixture.
- Top with the Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, leeks, and prosciutto.
- Crack one egg into a small dish. Gently transfer to one-quarter of the pizza. Repeat with additional eggs. Sprinkle eggs with salt. Sprinkle entire pizza with cracked pepper.
- Bake, rotating pizza halfway through baking time, until bottom of crust is crisp and top is blistered and egg whites are set (yolks should still be runny), 8 minutes.
- Cut into quarters and serve immediately.
Eat This Tip
Wake up on the sunny side! Studies show that replacing a grain-based breakfast with eggs can help you consume fewer calories for the next 36 hours. Kicking off your day with eggs can also help you lose more weight and more body fat.
More content from Recipes
- – I Made Ross' Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich With the Moist-maker—& It's Too Much
- – 13 Delicious Ways to Use Thanksgiving Leftovers
- – 7 Tips to Expertly Brine a Turkey, According to Chefs
- – 17 Classic Comfort Foods That Need To Make a Comeback
- – 7 Thanksgiving Side Dishes You Can Make in Your Air Fryer
- – 7 Holiday Desserts You Can Enjoy if You Have High Blood Sugar
- – 25 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)
- – Here's Exactly What Dietitians Are Bringing to Holiday Parties This Year