Some McDonald's in This State Are Serving All-Day Breakfast Again
Breakfast for dinner fans won't be happy to hear this, but there's still no word from McDonald's as to whether its morning menu will be available all-day again. The silence is deafening, especially if you enjoy an occasional Egg McMuffin or Hotcakes for dinner. But some lucky customers in one area of the Sunshine State can get breakfast whenever they want.
A South Florida Sun Sentinel investigation has revealed that several McDonald's locations across the region offer all-day breakfast. The 15 restaurants span Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Coral Springs, Delray Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Lauderdale Lakes, Miramar, Oakland Park, Pompano Beach, and Sunrise. These locations, plus six which serve breakfast until 2 p.m. local time, probably won't have the menu displayed if you're ordering after hours, according to the newspaper. So don't fret if you pull up, and there aren't any McGriddles displayed—just ask for them!
America's favorite fast-food chain dropped all-day breakfast during the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic in order to increase efficiency. In fact, the average drive-thru trip fell to 349.3 seconds this year, which is about 30 seconds faster than it was in 2019. With dining rooms closed, drive-thrus became the key way to get food to customers. A huge menu slows things down, and McDonald's needed to be quick. Breakfast and other items like chicken tenders and salads got the boot.
It's no secret that McDonald's franchises and employees weren't the biggest fans of the fact that headquarters had them serving breakfast all day long. Fans were upset, to say the least—and they took to social media to express their grief.
In case McDonald's reveals any updates about the future of all-day breakfast at locations outside of South Florida, you should sign up for our daily newsletter to get the news straight to your inbox!
More content from Restaurants
- – Taco Bell Just Revealed a Brand New Pizza-Like Item
- – This Major Dessert Chain Is Closing 10 Locations Amid Declining Profits
- – America's Second-Largest Burger Chain Is Getting a New Look
- – McDonald's Has a Major New Sandwich In the Works
- – 7 Bizarre Rules McDonald's Employees Have to Follow
- – This Popular Boutique Burger Chain Just Released a Juicy Lucy Burger
- – The Country's Biggest Sandwich Chain Plans to Roll Out This Significant Kitchen Upgrade
- – This Popular Burger Chain Just Brought Back a Fan-Favorite Sandwich