Easiest Homemade Banana-Nutella Crepe Recipe
It seems that crepes were invented for the sole purpose of housing fresh banana slices and hazelnut-chocolate—at least, that's what will be on your mind as you knife and fork your way through one of these simple but oh-so-decadent sweet treats.
The truth is, dessert crepes of all stripes are special stuff, but nothing quite makes sense like this combination. Nutella, the Italian chocolate-hazelnut spread you might already be obsessed with, is widely available in supermarkets stateside, even though it's more of a European treat, but even standard chocolate sauce will evoke fits of uncontrollable pleasure here.
Let's be real though: Nothing compares to Nutella, so get yourself a jar and get to cooking up these ooey gooey crepes!
Nutrition: 260 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated), 18 g sugar
Butter for the crepes
1⁄4 cup Nutella
2 bananas, peeled and sliced
Confectioners' sugar (optional)
For the crepe batter
1/2 cup flour
1 large egg
1 Tbsp melted butter
Pinch of salt
6 Tbsp low-fat milk
1/4 cup water
How to Make It
- Heat a 10" nonstick pan over medium heat. Add enough butter to coat, then add 2 tablespoons of the crepe batter and swirl the pan to cover it in a thin, even film (use a rubber spatula to help, if needed).
- Cook on the first side for 3 to 4 minutes, until the bottom takes on a deep golden brown color. Flip and slather a tablespoon of the Nutella down the middle of the crepe, then top with a scant quarter of the banana slices.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes longer, until the bottom is golden brown.
- Fold the crepe sides over the filling and slip onto a plate.
- Top with a few slices of banana and a shake of confectioners' sugar if you like.
- Repeat to make three more crepes.
Eat This Tip
We can all agree that Nutella is delicious. Bananas are a great go-to pairing, but that shouldn't stop you from trying a few new mix-ins. Here are a few recommendations to mix and match as you like. Don't be afraid to get creative!
- Walnuts (for a little extra crunch)
More content from Recipes
- – I Made Ross' Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich With the Moist-maker—& It's Too Much
- – 13 Delicious Ways to Use Thanksgiving Leftovers
- – 7 Tips to Expertly Brine a Turkey, According to Chefs
- – 9 Secrets for Baking the Best Cake That Only Pastry Chefs Know
- – 17 Classic Comfort Foods That Need To Make a Comeback
- – 7 Thanksgiving Side Dishes You Can Make in Your Air Fryer
- – 7 Holiday Desserts You Can Enjoy if You Have High Blood Sugar
- – 25 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)