These Chocolate Chip Blondies Are So Good, You Won’t Believe They’re Keto-Friendly
It can be tricky to find dessert recipes that fit the keto diet, but it’s not impossible. With ingredients like almond flour and sugar-free chocolate chips, you can still have delicious treats that are keto-compliant. These keto chocolate chip blondies are the perfect keto-friendly dessert; your guests will be begging for seconds.
This blondie recipe only takes about 15 minutes to prepare and around 20 minutes to bake, and it’s worth the effort. And if you want to get creative, we’re including some simple recipe swaps, like mocha chip and butter pecan, to customize the recipe to your liking. Bon appétit!
Makes 16 blondies
8 Tbsp (4 oz) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 cups (240 g) blanched almond flour (I used 365 Everyday Value)
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp fine sea salt
½ cup (96 g) Swerve Brown sweetener
1 large egg, at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup sugar-free chocolate chips (I used Lily’s)
Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, optional
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350ºF; line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment.
- Place butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, swirling the pan occasionally until butter is lightly browned in color and emits a nutty fragrance, watching carefully to prevent burning, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and fine salt. Whisk sweetener into butter, then whisk in egg and vanilla. Fold in flour mixture, then chocolate chips, until well incorporated.
- Spread batter in baking dish. Sprinkle with flaky salt, if using. Bake until golden and just set in the center, about 20 to 23 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack before cutting into bars. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
Eat This! Tip
You can change up the flavors in these keto blondies to suit your taste. Try these swaps for an even more delicious batch.
- Mint chip: Swap mint extract for half of the vanilla extract.
- Mocha chip: Dissolve 1 tsp instant coffee or instant espresso in the vanilla.
- Butter pecan: Add chopped toasted pecans instead of (or along with) the chocolate chips.
- Maple walnut: Swap 2 Tbsp sugar-free maple syrup (such as Lakanto) for some of the brown sweetener and add chopped toasted walnuts.
- Snickerdoodle: Omit chocolate chips; add 1 tsp cinnamon to the batter.