You Have to Try These Piña Colada Popsicles
Sure, you could run to the ice cream truck to get your favorite summer treat, but why not make some popsicles at home? Especially if you can make them with a little bit of your favorite kombucha! When you have it in moderation, the beverage—a combo of fermented sweet tea and a symbiotic culture of yeast and bacteria—has a slew of health benefits, including weight loss. In popsicle form, kombucha can really shine.
This genius piña colada popsicle recipe is courtesy of Health-Ade Kombucha and is made with their Tropical Punch Kombucha and a can of coconut milk. Before you get started, make sure to snag these silicone popsicle molds for your freezing fun.
Makes 6 servings
1 cup Health-Ade Tropical Punch Kombucha
1 13 oz. can of full-fat coconut milk
1/4 agave syrup
1 juiced lime
1/2 tsp. rum extract
5 cups of pineapple (fresh or frozen is fine)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk. If the mixture is lumpy from the coconut milk, blend until lumps are dissolved.
- Place pineapple in blender and pulse so you have pineapple puree.
- Pour Pina Colada Popsicle mixture into mold leaving some room for the pineapple puree. Place the mold in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove mold from freezer and top off the molds with pineapple puree. Freeze for 4 hours.
- Enjoy your Pina Colada Popsicles, with kombucha it's a real tropical probiotic treat!
For more recipes, sign up for our newsletter to get daily inspo and food news in your inbox.