Lamb Burgers With Pistachio Pesto
In this rewarding departure from your average beef burger—shared by paleo expert and Primal Kitchen Founder Mark Sisson—vibrant pistachio pesto balances the savory flavor of lamb, while cooling mint gives each bite a fresh finish.
For the Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon Thrive Market Organic Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Thrive Market Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Thrive Market Organic Ground Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Thrive Market Organic Ground Pepper
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
For the Pistachio Pesto
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup Thrive Market Organic Roasted & Salted Pistachios
- 1/2 cup Thrive Market Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, loosely packed
- Pinch of salt
How to Make It
- First, make the burgers: Mix together the ground lamb, spices, chopped mint, and parsley. Form 4 patties and pan-fry or grill them, about 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Next, make the pistachio pesto: While the burgers are cooking, blend together garlic, pistachios, avocado oil, lemon juice, whole mint leaves, and salt in a food processor. Serve burgers with pesto on top.