Garam Masala Chicken Skewers with Fire-Roasted Jalapeno Dip Recipe
You'll need a broiler for this recipe, but it's worth breaking the appliance out. When the chicken breast pieces are cooked to perfection, with a slightly crispy exterior, they'll be impossible to resist. Add that to the spicy jalapeño dip, and you've got an appetizer that just might steal the focus of the whole meal.
Plus, if you're entertaining guests who are following special diets, this simple recipe should fit their needs, too (as long as they aren't vegetarian). There's no breading on the chicken, so it's safe for gluten-free guests to partake in this tasty app. And if your guests do eat gluten? The Greek yogurt-based dip would be perfect for pita dipping, too.
Nutrition: 233 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated), 154 mg sodium, 12 g fiber, 12 g sugar, 15 g protein
Makes 2 servings
2 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded (if desired)
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp salt
Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
1 6-ounce container Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp ground cumin
Salt and black pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat broiler. Place jalapeño halves on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil; toss to coat. Place jalapeños skin-side up. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat until lightly charred, about 5 minutes. Let cool until easy to handle.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken breasts lengthwise into 1⁄4-inch-thick strips. Drizzle chicken with the remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with the garam masala powder and the salt; toss to coat evenly. Thread chicken onto wooden skewers, using 1 or 2 pieces per skewer.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill chicken for 5 to 6 minutes or until cooked through (165°F), turning once.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the jalapeños.In a small bowl, combine the jalapeños, yogurt, cilantro, and cumin. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve the chicken skewers with the jalapeño dip.
More content from Recipes
- – 16 Ambitious Dessert Recipes That Are Easier to Make Than You Think
- – 15 Simple Ground Beef Recipes That Take 30 Minutes or Less
- – These Are the Top 10 Trending Recipes of 2022, According to Google
- – 11 Best Ramen Recipes To Make This Winter
- – This Is Exactly How Long You Should Be Marinating Chicken, According to Chefs
- – I Made Ross' Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich With the Moist-maker—& It's Too Much
- – 13 Delicious Ways to Use Thanksgiving Leftovers
- – 7 Tips to Expertly Brine a Turkey, According to Chefs