Throwing a few burgers on the grill is a classic summertime dinner staple. However, some burger recipes can sit on the heavier side in terms of toppings, which is why having a Maui Burger with grilled pineapple sounds like a refreshing and light twist to your favorite summertime meal. Thanks to our friends over at King's Hawaiian, we were able to snag their delicious Maui Burger recipe and share it with all of you!
While this Maui Burger recipe with grilled pineapple is sure to brighten up your summer, there's more good news to share. King's Hawaiian is also offering customers a way to support those in need! Not only have they donated 1.5 million meals to kids in need through No Kid Hungry, but they're also launching the cookbook to raise awareness called 100 Delish Days of Summer. Through this book, readers will learn about No Kid Hungry's Free Meals Finder where parents and caregivers can find free meals for children.
So here's how to make this juicy Maui Burger, and to quote King's Hawaiian, "the perfect bite starts with the perfect bun."
Makes 1 burger
For the Maui Burger:
1 (8 oz.) Angus hamburger
2 Tbsp. your favorite teriyaki sauce
1 slice American cheese
2 oz. thinly sliced Maui or Vidalia onion
2 slices tomato
1 slice pineapple
1 lettuce leaf
Shichimi Aioli Sauce (recipe below)
KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Hamburger Buns
Pickles and olives, to garnish
For the Shichimi Aioli Sauce
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
1/4 tsp shichimi togarashi
How to Make It
- Brush hamburger patty with teriyaki sauce, then place on grill to desired doneness.
- Toast KING'S HAWAIIAN Sandwich Bun on the grill.
- Toast pineapple slice on the grill.
- To make the Shichimi Aioli Sauce, whisk together the ingredients until smooth.
- To assemble the burger, spread Shichimi Aioli Sauce on the buns. Include hamburger patty, cheese, tomato slices, lettuce, pineapple, and onion.
- Serve with pickles and olives.
For more recipe ideas, be sure to sign up for our newsletter!