Wendy's Reveals Why McDonald's Ice Cream Machines Are Always Broken
If there are two things customers know about fast food giant McDonald's, it's that the calorie counts are outrageous and that the ice cream machine is always broken. While tales of McDonald's broken ice cream machines have become the stuff of legend, with Micky D's offering no explanation for their perpetual dairy dilemma, one of their top competitors was happy to offer a little insight on the issue.
Wendy's sharp-tongued social media team recently held an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit. The social team who has taken fast food feuds to new heights didn't mince words about the Golden Arches' apparent inability to keep the soft serve flowing for more than a few minutes at a time. When asked by a Redditor why the ice cream machines at McDonald's are perpetually out of service, Wendy's replied, "Same reason they serve round burgers, cause they cut corners."
That kind of third-degree burn has got to hurt. Now, if only somebody at McDonald's had an ice-cold treat to cool things off.
This isn't the only time Wendy's has slayed McDonald's over their perpetually broken milkshake machines, however. On Black Friday, McDonald's prematurely sent out a tweet reading, "Black Friday **** Need copy and link****," to which Wendy's replied, "When the tweets are as broken as the ice cream machine."
We hope Wendy's has a big holiday bonus, and maybe a Frosty—their ice cream machines do work, after all—at the ready for whoever is in charge of their social media accounts.
Of course, if you do choose to brave a trip to Micky D's, we've ranked the McDonald's menu items for you.
More content from Restaurants
- – McDonald's Holiday Pie Is Back at Nationwide Locations
- – 8 Fast-Food Chains That Never Freeze Their Burgers
- – 5 Old-School Chain Restaurant Meals We Can't Get Over, According to Chefs
- – 8 Best Fast-Food Orders for Hangovers
- – 9 Secrets You Should Know About LongHorn Steakhouse
- – 10 Best Chain Restaurant Deals and Freebies You Can Score On Black Friday
- – 8 Fast-Food Chains That Use the Highest Quality Meat
- – 11 Restaurant Chains Open on Thanksgiving Day