Baked Cherry Tomato & Feta Dip Recipe
If you're wondering why your grocery store might be running low on feta cheese, we've got your answer. The Baked Feta Pasta TikTok trend has absolutely blown up thanks to a recipe so popular, the whole country of Finland ran out o feta cheese. Instacart's Trend Expert, Laurentia Romaniuk, recently reported that 'feta cheese' is the number one item searched for on the marketplace website, along with 'cherry tomatoes' and 'basil' falling in the top ten.
What's not to love about a dish with feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, and lots and lots of pasta—it's creamy and delicious! But if you're not careful at portioning out your pasta, the dish can easily be packed with carbs. So instead, we decided to use that creamy baked feta and the juicy cherry tomatoes for a baked feta dip that we serve with whole-wheat pita bread (or freshly-cut vegetables) instead. Not only is this take on the viral trend healthier, but it still gives you all the great flavors of the pasta dish without the extra carbs.
Here's how to make it, and for more delicious recipe ideas, be sure to check out our list of 100 Easiest Recipes You Can Make.
Makes 6-8 servings
1 cup cherry tomatoes
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 fresh basil leaves, chopped thin
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
5 oz. feta cheese block
Whole wheat pita or fresh-cut vegetables, for serving
How To Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In an oven-safe dish, add cherry tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, oregano, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir until tomatoes are fully coated.
- In the center of the dish, add the block of feta cheese. Drizzle with more extra olive oil, herbs, and spices to taste.
- Pop in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Break apart the feta cheese and stir together, breaking open the tomatoes to release the juices.
- Increase the oven to 450 degrees. Once the feta mixture is fully combined, put the dish back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- After this is done, you'll garnish with fresh basil and serve the baked feta dip with whole wheat pita bread or vegetables—or both!
Get even more healthy recipe ideas in your inbox by signing up for our newsletter!
More content from Recipes
- – 5 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes for Stronger Muscles, Says Dietitian
- – 8 Popular "Texan" Dishes That Aren't Actually from Texas
- – 21 Old-Fashioned Midwestern Desserts to Try This Weekend
- – 21 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)
- – Honey Butter Whiskey Scallops Recipe
- – 45+ Best Healthy Copycat Restaurant Recipes to Try Tonight
- – Pork Chops with Maple Rye Glaze Recipe
- – 5 Best Recipes to Help Lower Blood Sugar, Says Dietitian