One of America's Largest Burger Chains Just Added 4 New Items to the Menu
Now that spring is in full swing, restaurant chains are blooming with innovation. At Whataburger, one of America's largest and most beloved fast-food chains, several new limited-time sandwiches have recently been added to the menu, while another customer favorite has made a long-awaited return.
The first new menu item is the Whataburger Southern Bacon Double. Served on a toasted five-inch bun, the burger includes two 100% beef patties, topped with three pieces of crisp bacon, slices of Monterey Jack and American cheese, shredded cabbage, a southern-style sauce, pickles, and onions.
For more fast-food news, check out the 8 Worst Fast-Food Burgers to Stay Away From Right Now.
Then, there's the Southern Bacon Chicken Sandwich. Made with either grilled chicken or a crispy Whatachick'n filet, the sandwich is blanketed with two pieces of smoky bacon, fresh slaw, southern-style sauce, and pickles—all served on a brioche bun.
"Slaw and southern-style sauce deliver a crunchy texture and tang that pair perfectly with crisp, smoky bacon to make the Whataburger Southern Bacon Double and Southern Bacon Chicken Sandwiches pop," said Rich Scheffler, Whataburger's Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, in a statement.
Rounding out the new sandwich roster is the Spicy Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit—a new iteration of Whataburger's classic Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit. The spicy sandwich features a crispy breaded chicken strip covered in spicy honey butter on a buttery, flaky biscuit. Like its predecessor, this item is only served during the chain's breakfast hours from 11 p.m. to 11 a.m.
Finally, the iconic Dr Pepper Shake, which consists of a creamy vanilla base blended with Dr Pepper syrup—has made a temporary comeback, as well.
It's unclear how long these offerings will be on Whataburger's menu, so you'll want to try them while you can!
More content from Restaurants
- – 7 Restaurant Chains You're Going to See Everywhere in 2023
- – 12 Old-Fashioned Restaurant Dishes That Should Make a Comeback, According to Chefs
- – Taco Bell Has a New Guacamole, But Customers Are Divided on the Taste
- – McDonald's Is a Testing a Futuristic Drive-Thru Concept, But It Isn't as Cool as Taco Bell's
- – 4 Celebrities Who Eat Free at McDonald's—For Life!
- – Subway's New Footlong Cookies Are a Sight to See, Here's How to Get One
- – Battle of the Italian Chicken Sandwiches: Wendy's vs. Burger King
- – Controversial Flick "The Menu" Serves Up Restaurant Realism and Murder, and Chefs Love it