Woman Finds This Gross Discovery in Her McDonald's Burger
While on the road, it's often convenient to stop at the drive-thru for a bite to eat. Recently, that's exactly what Stoke, U.K. resident Britney Johnson did with her family. After they picked up their orders at a local McDonald's restaurant, they posted up in the parking lot to enjoy their food.
But for some reason, Johnson began picking her burger into bits–and it's a good thing she did before biting into the sandwich.
There was a snail shell inside the burger box, which had presumably snuck in from the lettuce on her burger when it was initially delivered to the restaurant.
"I was like, 'Oh my god, it's a snail.' I couldn't believe what I was seeing," Johnson told her local newspaper, Stoke-On-Trent Live. "I was shocked. I nearly ate it because I thought it was a crumb. I don't know if it had come out of the lettuce."
Related: Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
Johnson immediately had her partner bring the food back into the restaurant, where the employees apologized for the odd discovery. They offered the mom of two a replacement meal, but unsurprisingly, after her experience, she declined.
Instead, the employees gave Johnson a full refund of the burger plus the other food that she had also purchased there.
"We got our money back for the entire order," Johnson said. "The man was lovely and couldn't be anymore sorry. I was happy I got the refund. They couldn't have been any more helpful."
A McDonald's U.K. spokesperson reached out to Stoke-on-Trent Live to affirm that the incident was rare: "We place great emphasis on quality control and follow rigorous standards in order to avoid any imperfections. As soon as this was brought to our attention, our restaurant team apologized and the customer was offered a full refund and the option for a replacement meal."
While it's rare for something like this to happen, as Johnson's case shows, it does occur from time to time.
For more on McDonald's, check out What Eating a McDonald's Burger Does to Your Body.
More content from Restaurants
- – McDonald's Is Making Major Internal Changes That Will Impact the Way It Operates
- – These Popular Restaurant Chains Plan On Keeping Prices Competitive, CEO Says
- – 6 Pizza Chains With the Most Food Quality Complaints
- – 4 Just-Launched Taco Bell Items You Can Try Right Now
- – Taco Bell Is Testing This Crazy New Snack Food Hybrid
- – 5 Truths About the Fast-Food Industry That Will Make You Lose Your Appetite
- – McDonald's Latest Drive-Thru Innovation Could Soon Be Added to More Locations
- – 5 Fast-Food Chains Most Criticized By Customers