One-Pot Chile-Ginger Chicken & Rice
This isn't your average one-pot chicken and rice dish. Instead of using vegetable or chicken stock, Thrive Market uses protein-rich bone broth to simmer the chicken and rice. Toss in some fragrant herbs and spices like fresh ginger, garlic, and green chiles, and the result is fork-tender chicken and rice that's been infused with that rich bone broth. Bonus: easy cleanup!
This recipe is excerpted from Healthy Living Made Easy by Thrive Market. Photographs by Thrive Market. Used with permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
- 3 cups Thrive Market Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 6 large slices ginger, cut lengthwise
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 long green chile, such as Anaheim or Hatch, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Thrive Market Organic White Jasmine Rice
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Thrive Market Organic Ground Pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
How to Make It
- Stir chicken broth, ginger, garlic, and chile together in a 3 1/2-quart Dutch oven or another deep pan with high sides.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then add rice and stir. Bring to a boil again, then add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover, turn heat down to low, and cook for 20 minutes. At this point, the rice should have absorbed all liquid and chicken should be tender. Top with scallions and cilantro. Serve with coconut aminos on the side.