Plant-Based Key Lime Pie Smoothie
Using lime zest and juice in smoothies opens up a world of flavors. For this key lime pie–inspired smoothie, standard limes can be used to mimic the more aromatic and intense flavor of traditional key limes (which are also seedier and yield less juice). Don't skip the citrus zest which contains bright aromatic essential oils crucial for this flavor experience.
To complete the pie experience, we've used some vegan honey-free Nabisco Graham Crackers, which will add a warm "baked" flavor to the smoothie.
This smoothie comes out beige and lacks a bit of visual appeal—but baby spinach is a great solution for that. It packs the nutrients and the bright green color without an overpowering flavor that would clash with anything you're making.
Makes 1 smoothie
1 frozen banana, broken into chunks
1/2 cup baby spinach
1 cup Pacific Foods Organic Coconut Original Plant-Based Beverage
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1 Nabisco Graham Cracker sheet
How to Make It
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on low, then finish on high for 1 to 2 minutes, until smooth.
More content from Recipes
- – Wild Blueberry Walnut Smoothie
- – 8 5-Ingredient Smoothie Recipes to Lose Abdominal Fat
- – Sorghum Stuffed Peppers
- – 5 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes for Stronger Muscles, Says Dietitian
- – 8 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes to Help Lose Abdominal Fat
- – 6 Vegetable Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
- – 8 High-Protein Vegetarian Recipes to Make Tonight
- – 6 Best Smoothie Recipes to Lower Cholesterol, Says Nutritionist