Quick & Easy Vegetarian Rice Bowl Recipe
It's time for dinner, and you're starving. Even though ordering some Chinese takeout may sound like the easiest move, having to wait 45 minutes before eating doesn't exactly sound like the quickest option. So why not satisfy your craving with this easy vegetarian rice bowl instead?
Not only is this recipe easy to make, but it will only take 10 minutes to throw it together. Yes, really, 10 minutes! It's amazing what a package of instant rice can do. Using only a few key ingredients, you'll have your own at-home version of Chinese food without having to wait.
While the egg in this particular recipe is sunny-side-up, you could cook the egg any way you like. Have it fried, or scramble it up! However, if you have some extra time, I like to scramble up the egg with the rice combination right on the skillet. It will give the rice a semi-fried rice consistency that can almost rival your go-to Chinese order.
Now, this recipe uses a small amount of soy sauce. One teaspoon of soy sauce does have 177 milligrams of sodium in it, which is high for such a small amount. If you are someone who's trying to cut back on sodium, it may be wise to mix in a different kind of sauce. Or if you would rather keep the sodium content light, simply add in some seasonings to give it some extra taste. Ginger and garlic salt are great seasonings to throw in.
However, the soy sauce does give the rice and veggies that Chinese-takeout flavor we know and love. I also like to give my veggie rice bowl a little kick with some Sriracha. Sprinkle on a little extra salt and pepper, and dinner is served with this vegetarian rice bowl recipe!
Makes 1 serving
How to Make It
- Cook the rice according to the packaging instructions. Afterward, cook the vegetables.
- Heat up a small amount of butter on a skillet. Cook the egg to your liking. If you prefer a sunny-side-up egg, cook the egg on one side until the whites are no longer runny.
- Mix the rice and vegetables in a bowl with the soy sauce. Place the egg on top.
- Add Sriracha, if desired!
More content from Recipes
- – 11 Easy Mini Dessert Recipes That Are Perfect Just for You
- – This Nifty Trick Will Make Perfect Pancakes Every Time
- – 15 Old-Fashioned Food Terms You'll Only Hear In The Midwest
- – 9 Old-Fashioned Recipes From the Back of Iconic Product Boxes
- – 13 Old-Fashioned Steak Recipes You Need to Try Tonight
- – SunGold Kiwi Salsa Snack
- – 11 Mouthwatering Mac & Cheese Recipes Way Better Than Boxed
- – 21 Unexpected Slow Cooker Oatmeal Recipes