Snickerdoodle Protein Mini Muffins
Make the most of your muffins! Muffins always seem too sweet of a treat to enjoy in the morning—especially because most of the muffins you find in bakeries or on grocery shelves are loaded with sugar. Instead, enjoy these snickerdoodle mini muffins that are naturally sweetened with dates and pumped with plant-based protein! You can enjoy three of these mini muffins for one serving, and they really do pair well with your morning cup of java.
This recipe is courtesy of Tone It Up.
Serves 6 (18 Mini Muffins)
3/4 cup Vanilla Tone It Up Protein
3/4 cup almond meal
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup dates, pitted and soaked in warm water to soften
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 mashed banana
Coconut oil spray
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients, including the dates, in a blender, and blend until smooth. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with coconut oil spray. Pour batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Top with a little extra sprinkle of cinnamon.
For even more recipe ideas, be sure to sign up for our newsletter.
More content from Recipes
- – 9 Secrets for Baking the Best Cake That Only Pastry Chefs Know
- – 17 Classic Comfort Foods That Need To Make a Comeback
- – 7 Holiday Desserts You Can Enjoy if You Have High Blood Sugar
- – 6 Lower-Carb Breakfast Recipes to Keep You Satisfied Through Lunch
- – The Easiest 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe I've Used for Almost a Decade
- – Will Parchment Paper, Foil, or Non-Stick Spray Bake the Best Cookies? I Found Out
- – 5-Day Diabetes Meal Plan to Balance Blood Sugar
- – 9 One-Bowl Chocolate Recipes That Are Beyond Easy to Make