The Most Perfect Vanilla Ice Cream with Olive Oil Recipe
Sponsored by Unilever
For years, Eat This, Not That! has been touting Breyers® Natural Vanilla as one of the best options in the freezer section.
This simple recipe takes one of our favorite supermarket desserts—made with only real ingredients— and rockets its flavor profile to a whole new level.
Studies show that a variety of taste sensations (salty, sweet, spicy) better satisfy the appetite than a single dominant flavor. (That's why the mix-ins at your favorite ice cream parlor are so addictive.) Problem is, the more you throw in the mix, the more sugar you usually wind up with. This recipe—inspired by a top Italian chef—taps into that principle, contrasting the smooth sweetness of the Breyers® with the flaky crunch of sea salt and the rich, spicy notes of extra-virgin olive oil. The combination is strangely addictive—and a small bowl will squash your sweet tooth for less than 300 calories.
Makes 4 servings. 240 calories/serving
4 large scoops Breyers® Natural Vanilla ice cream
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Flaky sea salt
How to make it:
Divide the ice cream among 4 cold bowls. Drizzle with the olive oil and a generous pinch of salt.
Scatter a handful of cashews (if using) over the top.
(The FDA states that no significant difference has been shown between dairy derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST-treated cows.)
For more amazing dessert ideas featuring Breyers®, click here.
More content from Recipes
- – 11 Easy Mini Dessert Recipes That Are Perfect Just for You
- – Upgrade Your Boxed Cake Mix With These 7 Tasty Tips
- – 20 Old-Fashioned Pie Recipes To Make This Weekend
- – 21 Old-Fashioned Midwestern Desserts to Try This Weekend
- – No Bake Lemon Cake Pops
- – 25 Old-Fashioned Desserts That Deserve a Comeback
- – Berry Banana Fro-Whip Recipe
- – 76 Best Dessert Recipes for Weight Loss