Simple Whole30 Beef Burrito Bowls
Deconstruct a classic burrito bowl, remove grains and dairy, and you'll get this satisfying and healthy beef burrito bowl. We're using cauliflower rice instead of regular rice, and rely on spices and vegetables to punch up the flavors. A quick "guacamole" on top provides healthy fats and rounds out this clean lunch that is paleo– and Whole30-compliant.
Makes 4 bowls
1 large cauliflower head
4 Tbsp olive oil
3 bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 lb ground beef
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
2 ripe avocados
1 small red onion, finely chopped
Juice of 1 lime
How to Make It
- Remove the stem and core from the cauliflower and grate or chop finely so it resembles the texture of rice.
- Add 2 Tbsp of the olive oil to a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the cauliflower, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower softens slightly, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower to a bowl and wipe out the skillet.
- Add 1 Tbsp of the olive oil to the skillet and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the peppers, onions, and 1/4 tsp salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a plate. Don't wipe out the pan.
- Add the remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil to the pan, and add the ground beef, cumin, paprika, and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat as needed, until browned and cooked through.
- In a small bowl, mash together the avocados, red onion, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the cauliflower rice, sautéed vegetables, and ground beef among 4 bowls. Top with a large dollop of the guacamole and serve.
More content from Recipes
- – 13 Healthier Old-Fashioned Midwestern Recipes To Try Tonight
- – 30+ Easy Dinners That Will Leave You With Plenty of Leftovers
- – 23 Old-Fashioned Summer Recipes You Need To Make
- – 15 Classic 1950-era Dishes That Will Make You Feel Super American
- – The Best Classic Recipes Your Grandma Used to Make
- – Healthy Lunch Recipes That Take 10 Minutes (or Less!)
- – Professional Chefs' 16 Quickest 5-Ingredient Summer Recipes
- – 35+ Easy Recipes Anyone Can Make at Home