Zero Belly Recipe: Easy Chicken and Rice Soup
This delicious recipe for a lunchtime (or anytime) soup couldn't be easier. It's just one of the 150+ belly-flattening recipes in the best-selling new Zero Belly Cookbook!
COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
1⁄2 rotisserie chicken
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1⁄2 cup finely diced onion
1⁄2 cup finely diced celery
1⁄2 cup finely diced carrot
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
1 tsp kosher salt
1⁄4 cup chopped fresh herbs (your choice)
1 cup cooked brown rice
HOW TO MAKE IT
Remove skin from rotisserie chicken. Pick meat, both white and dark, from the carcass and shred. Reserve 1⁄2 the meat for a future meal.
Heat olive oil over a medium heat in a 4-quart sauce pot. Add the onion, celery, and carrot, and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add the chicken broth, vegetable broth, and salt to the pot and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Add the chicken, rice, and the fresh herbs, and simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve hot.
PER SERVING: 225 calories / 10 g fat / 18 g carb / 3 g fiber / 15 g protein
More content from Recipes
- – 9 Old-Fashioned Recipes From the Back of Iconic Product Boxes
- – 13 Old-Fashioned Steak Recipes You Need to Try Tonight
- – 15 New Twists on Old-Fashioned Dinner Recipes
- – 13 Healthier Old-Fashioned Midwestern Recipes To Try Tonight
- – 30+ Easy Dinners That Will Leave You With Plenty of Leftovers
- – 23 Old-Fashioned Summer Recipes You Need To Make
- – 15 Classic 1950-era Dishes That Will Make You Feel Super American
- – The Best Classic Recipes Your Grandma Used to Make