Air Fryer Chipotle Chickpea Tacos
Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are an excellent alternative to meat. They're full of nutrients like magnesium and potassium and are a good source of both protein and fiber. These filling chickpea tacos swap out typical taco meat for a wonderful plant-based taco even a meat lover would enjoy. The sauce gives them a unique smoky heat that pairs well with fresh ingredients. After enjoying these delicious chickpea tacos, if you're looking for even more ways to cook this legume, check out our list of 25 Healthy Chickpea Recipes.
Excerpted from The "I Love My Air Fryer" 5-Ingredient Recipe Book by Robin Fields. Copyright © 2021 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photographs by James Stefiuk. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup adobo sauce
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
8 medium flour tortillas, warmed
1 1/2cups chopped avocado
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss chickpeas, adobo, salt, and pepper to fully coat.
- Using a slotted spoon, place chickpeas in the air fryer basket and cook 10 minutes, shaking the basket twice during cooking, until tender.
- To assemble, scoop 1/4 cup chickpeas into a tortilla, then top with avocado and cilantro. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Serve warm.
More content from Recipes
- – 21 Old-Fashioned Midwestern Desserts to Try This Weekend
- – 20 Old-Fashioned Chicken Recipes To Make Tonight
- – 30 Healthy Stuffed Chicken Recipes to Make Tonight
- – 21 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)
- – Honey Butter Whiskey Scallops Recipe
- – 45+ Best Healthy Copycat Restaurant Recipes to Try Tonight
- – Pork Chops with Maple Rye Glaze Recipe
- – 5 Best Recipes to Help Lower Blood Sugar, Says Dietitian